Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Wher to buy fabrics in the Philippines

As a fashion Student, I tried to find good designed and high quality fabrics around Manila.

The first time I didn' have any infromation about where i have to buy and where i can find good fabrics in the philippines.

So for 2years in my shcool, I used to go to glorietta 5 to buy fabrics.

Cotton Depot (3/F Glorietta 5, Festival Mall and Mall Of Asia) – Cotton Depot carries a wide range of cotton, from broadcloth to muslin to local and Japanese cotton. The price ranges from 60 Php/yard for the ordinary cotton to 220/yard for Japanese cotton. They have twill, Cavali twill (220/yard), corduroy, eyelet cotton, crepe (120/yard), jacquard (120/yard), flannel (120/yard), chiffon (100/yard) and several types of denim at 150/yard. Pique (130/yard), bubble tea satin (180/yard), super merino (750/yard), printed muslin (230/yard), cotton silk (100/yard) are also available. They also have canvas that works well for grocery bags and the like (I bought some at 120 per yard) and interfacing ranging from 25 pesos/yard for the lightweight interfacing to 45 pesos/yard for the heavy interfacing. They don’t have fusible interfacing.  Contact numbers: SM MOA Branch- 8040245, Glorietta 5 Branch- 8367410. Or you can visit their website here.

 Cotton Depot


Fanbi (Greenbelt 1, 1st Floor) – Fanbi is quite expensive compared to all the other fabric stores I’ve visited. They have a lot of plain and printed jersey knits (around 250-320 Php per yard), plain, striped and checkered cotton shirtings for office wear (300 Php/yard), suiting fabric, modal, spandex, cotton voile, silk, georgette, and cute printed Japanese cotton at 280/yard. Not the best value in terms of price per yard.


 Fanbi


Fabric Warehouse (3/F Glorietta 5, Greenhills, Libis, North EDSA, Megamall, SM Southmall) – Fabric warehouse has most types of fabric, they have plain and printed cotton, rayon knits, jersey (160 per yard), georgette, chiffon, embroidered cotton, etc. Maybe you can tell that I have been amassing a huge stash that I don’t know what to do with…yet. Hehe. Their contact numbers are as follows: Greenhills (02) 584-8247 or 721-6608, Makati (02) 846-5403 or 728-030, Libis (02) 655-4019, North EDSA (02) 927-4124, Megamall (02) 470-1971, and SM Southmall (02) 805-2481




And as many as my projects and assignement are getting increased, I realized that i spent lots of money for fabric and accessories with transfortatino fee(250p) whenever i go to buy.


So I tried to buy fabrics in Divisoria with jeepney (one way 12p) from VitocRUZ lrt TO Divisoria.   Firt time as i got there with one my classmate who is Filipino,

It felt like maze. I just followed my friend with looking around. It was amazing that when i check the price fabrics. Usually the price of fabrics are 20p upto 80p per yard. Of course the quality ofabrics are worse thatn Glorietta. But the benefit in Divisoria is all of the fabrics are cheap and alot of kind fabrics you can pick easily.

If you are still student, I REALLY RECOMMEND YOU TO LOOK AroUND Divisoria TO FIND cheap and various pattern designed fabrics.



Moreover when you have a extra time you can visit at 168 mall look around cheap dress and all products there with airconditional system. ACtually my favorite mall in the philippines.

But YOU have to remember that place is pretty ^^* dangerous for forigner and so hot! you need to take a rest as you get home! I still , I WILL LOVE DIVISORIA!

Try it!

One thing mORE if you are looking for a nice dress You try here. It's my favorite online shop in the philippines ^^* www.epungirl.com or www.facebook.com/byepungirl 




No comments:

Post a Comment